Okuma Makaira SE 2-Speed Lever Drag Reel
California Proposition 65 Warning
WARNING: These products may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
For more information visit: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
The Makaira SEa Black is a limited edition to the already popular Makaira family which are all backed by a 5-year warranty. The silver etched yellowfin tuna glistens as bright as the sea on top of the matte black anodized aluminum frame. This reel is as smooth as it is sleek with its Carbonite Dual Force drag system and its helical-cut gears. Its oversized handle and lower low-speed gearing versus the original Makaira serve up extreme torque for the Makaira SEa Black.
In addition to all the features listed under the Makaira Two Speeds, Makaira Special Edition Features:
• Open spool bearings with TSI-301 oil. Increases freespool 2-1/2 times.
• All non-spool bearings feature full grease pack for maximum longevity.
• Features Special Edition Gun Smoke and Black anodizing.
• SE reels will feature a yellowfin tuna etched into the side plate.
• Frames have been machined out for increased clearance between spool and cross bars.
• MK-8/10/15 will feature MK-20 size handle knobs.
• MK-20/30 features the MK-50 handle arm and knobs
• New lower speed 1.3:1 gear ratio featured in 20/30 sizes.
• 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates
• 17-4 stainless steel gearing
• Helical cut gears for increased torque, smoothness and improved gear meshing
• Makaira reels all feature two-speed gearing systems
• Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
• CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
• Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
• Carbonite Dual Force Drag system featuring Cal’s universal drag grease
• Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
• 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel ball bearings
• Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
• Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
• Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
• Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
• Heavy duty, 17-4 grade stainless steel drive and spool shafts
• Type-II gunmetal anodized frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle
• Open top frame design on MK-5II, 10II, 15II, 20II, 30II
• Lug and plug system on all open top reel models
• Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
• Forged aluminum, full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
• Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
• Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
• Makaira lever drag reels are backed by a 5-year warranty
4 Models Available
|Model||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Line Capacity||Line Retrieve||Max Drag at Strike||Max Drag Pressure||Weight||Stock||Price||Qty|
|MK-15TIISEa-BK||4BB + 1TB||4.7:1 & 2.1:1||575/20 (0.42), 425/25 (0.48), 325/30 (0.55)||38.9" & 17.1"||32lbs||40lbs||29oz||Low Stock: <5||$579.99|
|MK-16IISEa-BK||4BB + 1TB||4.3:1 & 1.3:1||870/20 (0.42), 650/25 (0.48), 500/30 (0.55)||39.2" & 11.8"||34lbs||48lbs||40oz||Out of Stock||$579.97|
|MK-20IISEa-BK||4BB + 1TB||3.8:1 & 1.3:1||870/25 (0.48), 660/30 (0.55), 530/40 (0.60)||39.4" & 17.5"||37lbs||55lbs||45.8||Out of Stock||$629.99|
|MK-30IISEa-BK||4BB + 1TB||3.8:1 & 1.3:1||850/30 (0.55), 700/40 (0.60), 550/50 (0.70)||39.4" & 17.5"||37lbs||55lbs||50oz||Out of Stock||$669.99|